With around 20 years of agency experience under his belt, Rick has worked on some of the biggest brand names in the world achieving front page client coverage on titles as diverse as the Guardian and Daily Star, major features on BBC peak shows and had clients trending on social channels.
Having started out working in a full service agency, he takes a holistic view of PR and its place in the marketing mix.
This approach has proven invaluable as the media landscape has evolved at a rapid pace in recent years and he has embraced the opportunities created by the new social media channels and further convergence of PR and other disciplines such as SEO and social media.
After a period as MD of in a consumer specialist agency, he set up his own venture, Smoking Gun PR in January 2010 with wife Vanessa where they set about proving the impact strategic PR can have on an organisation. Banning AVE (some years ahead of the CIPR and PRCA)
A minimum of 1% of profit is given to charity every year.
Regularly guest lectures at universities and mentors students
Supports next generation and diversity programmes including Taylor Bennett Foundation and the MPA’s Native Creative
CIPR Diploma, LEAD, Goldman Sachs 10k Small Business ALumni
- Dad of 4 boys and no we weren’t trying for a girl!
- Once signed the Official Secrets Act – sshhhh
- Spent time in a young offenders institute…….working in procurement
- Once pitched for a global poker account in a Tampa Bay swimming pool
- PLayed beach football in Dubai with Sri Bobby Robson, Leonardo and Iain Dowie
- Burnley FC fan, who’s watched them play in all 4 professional divisions
- Has been told he looks like a multitude of people from Arsene Wenger, Quentin Tarantino to Pacey from Dawson’s Creek!
Featured on variety of TV and radio programmes including BBC Radio 5, BBC NWT, TalkSport, Granada Reports